研究概要 / Abstract
This paper introduces novel interaction and applications using smartphones with kinetic capabilities.
We develop an accessory module with robot wheels for a smartphone.
With this module, the smartphone can move in a linear direction or rotate with sufficient power.
The module also includes rotary encoders, allowing us to use the wheels as an input modality.
We demonstrate a series of novel mobile interaction for mobile devices with kinetic capabilities through three applications.
ビデオ / Video
発表文献 / Publications
- Takefumi Hiraki *, Koya Narumi *, Koji Yatani, and Yoshihiro Kawahara:
``Phones on Wheels: Exploring Interaction for Smartphones with Kinetic Capabilities,”
In Adjunct Proceedings of the 29th Annual ACM Symposium on User Interface Software & Technology (UIST 2016), (2016.10). (to appear)
(* Joint First Authors)
報道 / Media
- Wheels Turn This Smartphone Into A Robot Helper, Co.Design, Aug 3, 2016, Link
- Phone Case Has Wheels To Help You Get Out Of Bed, NowThisFuture, Aug 5, 2016, Link
- These Researchers Invented a Set of Wheels For Your Phone, MotherBoard, Aug 1, 2016, Link
- Phones on wheels – A phone case that physically moves your phone, Valiant Ghost, Aug 1, 2016, Link
- Phones on Wheels So You Never Oversleep again, All3DP, Aug 2, 2016, Link
- Forschungsprojekt: Handys auf Rädern, engadget, Jul 31, 2016, Link